Section on Positive Psychology Distinguished Contributions Awards: Call for Nominations
The Section on Positive Psychology requests nominations for the following two Section-sponsored awards (one for students, one for psychologists):
Student Award for Distinguished Contributions to Positive Psychology
Shane J Lopez Award for Professional Contributions in Positive Psychology
We highly encourage you to either self-nominate (don’t be shy!) or to nominate another student affiliate or member of Division 17 by sending an email to Rhea Owens (rowens[at]uwsp.edu) giving the nominee’s contact information.
If you choose to nominate someone other than yourself, please do so by JUNE 12th. The Awards Committee will contact the nominee to let her/him know and to encourage her/him to submit application materials. The deadline for submitting application materials is JULY 10th.
- The nominee must be either a current Member or Student Affiliate of the American Psychological Association.
- The nominee must have made a significant contribution to the science, practice, clinical training, and/or teaching of positive psychology. Nominees may also be persons who divide their professional activities among each area.
Examples of contributions may include:
- Contributions to science that are made through publication of either research findings or theory that generates research.
- Contributions to practice that are made through direct service to clients or through research that has clear and immediate implications for direct service.
- Contributions to teaching and/or training students in positive psychology.
GENERAL APPLICATION MATERIALS:
Nominees will be asked to submit the following: a) an application letter indicating the significance of the nominee’s contributions and achievements in positive psychology (no more than three pages single-spaced); b) no more than two supporting letters from professional colleagues, collaborators, and/or psychologists; and c) a copy of the nominee’s vita.
SEND MATERIALS ELECTRONICALLY TO: Rhea Owens, Ph.D. (rowens[at]uwsp.edu)
Please collate application materials into one PDF document titled with nominee’s name and award name. For example: Kevin_Bacon_SPP_ student_distinguished_contribution.pdf
These awards for contributions to Positive Psychology were established to honor the contributions of students and psychologists in the science, practice, and teaching of counseling psychology. The award includes a cash prize of $200. Announcement of the award winners will be made at the annual APA Convention and announced on the Section listserv.