Positive Psychology: Theory and Application is the official newsletter of the Section on Positive Psychology. It is published several times a year and includes updates from section leadership, section events, and original articles by section members. Calls for submissions will be posted on the website and listserv several times a year. Below find our archive of past issues.
The Fall 2016 Edition of Positive Psychology: Theory and Application in here. This issue includes the following articles:
- News from the Chair – Rhea Owens, Ph.D. Section Award Winners
- Application of Micro-affirmations to Advising and Mentoring International Students in the U.S. – Hang-Shim Lee, Ph.D.
- Understanding the Relationship Between Gratitude and Emotion Regulation Self-Efficacy – Rebecca Kinsey, M.A & Jacob Yuichung Chan, Ph.D.
- Goal Focused Positive Psychotherapy in a High School Dropout Prevention Program – Michael Scheel, Ph.D., Collie Conoley, Ph.D., Kendal Cassidy, Zoe Chen, Alexandra Dahl, & Robert Byrom
- Positive Psychology and Trauma: Understanding and Enhancing Posttraumatic Growth – Lara Barbir, M.S.
- A Situated Approach to Chinese Well-being: Research and Application– Shu-Yi Wang Division 17 Positive Psychology Section: A Student Representative’s View – Adam Fishel, M.S.
The Spring 2014 Edition of Positive Psychology: Theory and Application is here. This issue includes the following articles:
- News from the Chair by Rhea Owens.
- Teaching Positive Psychology: Creating a Strength-Based CP Program Culture by Brian Cole and Michael Scheel.
- Giving Hope Away by Shane Lopez.
- How Does Mindfulness Work in Psychotherapy by Anna-Nina Lee and Collie Conoley.
- The Relationship Between Posttraumatic Growth and Mindfulness by Adam Hanley, Alia Warner, and Vanessa Dabel.
- It Helps to Help Others: A Review of the Relationship Between Prosocial Behavior and Well-Being by J. Brandon Waits and Guler Boyraz.